Harmonic Mitigation Transformers
Non-linear electric loads create harmonics voltages and currents in electric power systems, causing power quality problems. Harmonics in power systems cause elevated heating in electrical equipment and conductors, misfiring in variable speed drives, and torque pulsations in motors.
Harmonic distortion can definitely create a problem for your facility. Or you may have harmonics present, but experience no undesirable effects at all. However, as harmonic levels amplify, the likelihood of experiencing electrical equipment problems increases.
Achieve harmonic mitigation with Controlled Magnetics' zero-sequence filter transformers which can be connected directly across the line to localize the flow of harmful triplen harmonics at their origin. This positioning keeps them out of your upstream distribution transformers. Ratings from 15 amps to 2,000 amps.
Custom-Designed Harmonic Cancellation Transformers to Your Exact Specifications.
Typical increased harmonic problems include:
- Malfunctioning of microprocessor equipment
- Overheating in neutral conductors, transformers, or induction motors
- Decline or failure of power factor correction capacitors
- Inconsistent breaker and relay functioning
- Distinct magnetic fields near transformers and switchgear
- Potential problems at adjacent businesses especially if they share a common transformer
Benefits of using our phase shifting transformers to eliminate 5th and 7th harmonics which cause distortion and heating problems in three phase power distribution systems include:
- Improved equipment reliability
- Lower equipment maintenance costs
- Noise-free operation
- Spike-free power
Some of the transformer types provided in this category: harmonic transformers, harmonic cancellation transformers, harmonic mitigating transformers, electrical harmonics, harmonic mitigating distribution transformers, phase-shifting transformers, three-phase harmonic cancellation